Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back on Track and Loving It and Dealing with the Haters

Hey Guys

So the last few weeks I had been seriously off track with my weight loss and eating.  I just basically eating for the sake of eating, not really caring what I was eating....I was demolishing 2 blocks of chocolate in one seating and then chowing down on a 2L ice cream and was still hungry after this!!  It was nuts, I realise this now.  To be honest I don't know why I did it, and it really didn't give me any satisfaction other than the moment of eating it, thinking "Hey that tastes great", but even as quick as half an hour later I would be feeling quite unwell and bloated and just feeling down and depressed.  

I have been in a love-hate relationship with food for most of my life.  It had been there when other people hadn't, made me feel better when I was feeling down, it was just always there.  BUT NO MORE......  The last 2 weeks I have been back following the Weight Watchers Plan and have successfully lost 1.4kg, which I think is an awesome effort for 2 weeks.  Now I know some people would come along and say 1.4kg lost in 2 weeks - well that's a little pathetic isn't it- you should have lost 3kg or 4kg by now!!! Well you know what?  I really don't care about your opinion.  I'm happy that I have lost that in 2 weeks, I most certainly wouldn't like to have put that weight on in 2 weeks!!!

I have had a few people write to me saying that they don't approve of the way that I am dealing with my weight loss and the program that I am following.  When I saw this I was like WTF---- are you kidding me!!  Because you don't approve I should change my ways and follow a program that might work for you but it doesn't work for me.. No I am going to do a program that is proven to have worked for me and will continue to work for me in the future.  


This is one thing I don't like about the Crossfit community - is that some people are very set in their ways about following either "PALEO or ZONE" and that if you don't follow that mind set then sorry it must be wrong!  It's nuts there are other ways to train, and different ways to get fit depending on your sport, and different ways to eat.  We need to learn and respect these different ways and be tolerable to them.  If you don't want to eat or train a certain way that's your choice, but its not right to judge other people about their ways, especially if it works for them!  


RANT OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment