Saturday, November 19, 2011

Weigh In + Kung Fu Grading

So today Saturday, its been an awesome day and I'll tell you why

I had weigh in this morning and after being stuck at around the same weight for a good 5 weeks (well sometimes going up a little and then back down again) I had a huge loss of 1.6kg this morning at weigh in! So stoked! I had previously felt like I had lost my mojo and this week I definately found it again.  I tracked, made great food choices and walked 3 day- clocking up 13km, and trained Kung Fu for 2 days.  I am now weighing in at 113.2kg.  I have planned my meals for the week and training and I will make it another great week!!

This afternoon I had my grading for Kung Fu, I got to the Kwoon at around 1.45pm, thought I would get there nice and early and get warmed up and seemed like everyone else had the same idea!! I would say about 50% people were already there warming up, but I figured 45 minutes would give me plenty of time to warm up and run through a few things.  Then came 2.30pm and we were ready to go, Sihign Ben took us through a form of Tai Chi to calm us down and any nerves we had, then it was time to break off into our grading groups.  

Us white (now yellow sashes) went off with Sihign Ben for our grading and he was brutal to say the least!  We went through all the things we learnt in class, so lots of horse stance work, blocks, snap kicks, kick lunge punch, Wushu 1, self defence, and some sparring.  We got through all the horse stance work, kicks, blocks and Wushu 1.  Then it was time for sparring, now I've only had minimal exposure to sparring, being during class, so when I saw one of the other guys I was starting to grade with start sparring with Sifu I started to panic a little! I started to worry that I wouldn't be able to hold my own and I might fail, but both Sifu and the black sash's were great, they coached me through and gave me some tips for future competitions and gradings.  

I have to admit, I did screw a couple of things up, like defending on the kicks with Sihign Ben and screwing up my sparring a little, but otherwise I think I did okay.  Well I must have done well, because I past and left with my new yellow sash!  Awesome- can't wait til Tuesday now and learn some new things!

New Yellow Sash!
Now, just needing to recover.  I am feeling it my thighs- especially from the horse stance work.  Time for epsom salts, massage and rest

No comments:

Post a Comment