Sunday, August 14, 2011

This Past 2 Weeks or So + Plus City2Surf

So these past two weeks I have been a little up and down.  The week before last I had a good week at weigh in and lost 0.8.  This week I found out I lost my partner and from their everything went down hill.  I didn't care what I ate, I didn't care that I wasn't training, I had pretty much hit rock bottom.  But then I had a bit of a light bulb moment thinking "Why have I gone and done this?  He wouldn't want me to be ruining myself by doing this.  Mind you this didn't kick in til about Thursday and didn't really help me with my impending weigh in on Saturday and I gained around 2.5kg.  Since then I have been really good with my eating and getting back on track with everything!

Today was the day that I had been training for - City2Surf.  Now with everything that had happened I hadn't really done much running leading up to the event.  But I'll talk you through the day (which was just awesome!) and see how we go!

Firstly I was up at 6am on Sunday morning- definately not where I wanted to be on a Sunday- which is usually my day of rest, not usually out of bed before 8.30am and that was a challenge in itself!

Then it was time to get ready.  Money- check, tights- check, singlet-check, bra- check (can't forget that one!), bib- check, and everything was good and I was ready to go!

I don't know I was actually smiling at this house
Then off to the train station for our journey into the city and onto the City2Surf, where I met up with my friend Robyn who isn't the most morning person around, so we got the photo on the train as we were heading in and she fell asleep!!

Robyn and I on the train to City2Surf
We arrived a little bit early, so we thought you know nip down to the bathroom before we start the race, and OMG! The line was huge!  I think about 50 people had the same idea as us!


Then it was a short walk back to the starting line, where we get ready to start our journey from the City 2 the Surf!!

Waiting at the start line

At the start line again- where I look like I've just woken up and Robyn- not a hair out of place for the whole run!!

Me starting to get nervous now!

I love this photo! So beautiful!
 And then before we knew it- we were shuffling our way to the start line!  There was so many people in our group! I couldn't believe it! It was such a made house!  During our journey we definately meet some interesting people!  From Blue Boys, to ladies in PJ's to Super Mario Brothers and Bananas! Only got to grab a few photos, sorry they aren't very clear guys :(

Not a great photo, but gotta love the ladies in the pink PJ's
Hahaha, love this sign, I only got the back half which read, if you have stamina, call me with the guys phone number!!

Ah yes, our good friends the storm troopers!

The Jamacian Bob Sled Team!

Can you find the banana

Sea of people!

Our good storm trooper pal!!
As Robyn and I progressed along the course, I really wanted to take the photos at the 5km and 10km mark, and I was checking the time as I went- I was so happy, because I knocked around 7 minutes off my 5km and around 12-14 minutes off my 10km time!! Check out the photos! So happy!

5km mark

10km mark- only 4k to go!!
 Then by the time we hit Bondi Beach and we got through to the finish, which I was so happy about because by this point I was struggling to walk big time!  We were both hungry and tired so we got the train back to Central and chowed down on well what probably wasn't the wisest food to have, but we were hungry hadn't ate all day and this point almost falling down.  So we chowed down on burger and fries!

Grilled Chicken Burger and Fries
By this time Robyn and I were both pretty much out of it, so we posed for some quick post race medal photos and then we were pretty much both so tired after such a big day, slept most of the way home 

Post race medal photo- see and not a hair out of place!

Post medal phto

And dead after such a big day!
But apart from the sore feet and the blisters.  I had a really awesome day, will definately plan to do it again next year, almost at my goal weight and training for that starts next week, because I don't think I'll be walking for the rest of this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment