Saturday, September 10, 2011

Control - What we can and can't control

I have learnt recently that there are some things in life we can't control, but there are also many things that we can't control

- I cannot control everything in life
- I cannot control the words, actions and thoughts of others
- I cannot change the mistakes that I have made in the past

You know what I can control??


ME!


- I can control the little things (and occasionally the big things) in life that will make me happy
- I can continue to track my food and make positive and healthy choices in regards to myself and my lifestyle
- I can commit as a whole to my martial arts training and open the ears and listen to the corrections and advice that I'm given and take the onboard and commit to getting better
- I can control my attitude - instead of using negative words, such as I CAN'T OR FAILED OR TOO HARD.  Use words such as I CAN AND I WILL.  Using positive terms will keep me in a positive headspace to continue and succeed not only in the weight loss journey, but also in life.  
- I can control my behaviour within my lifestyle- by spending more time with my friends, surrounding myself with people who are going to lift me to higher heights and not drag me down.  By setting goals and achieving them, no matter how small and and acknowledging the success that I have achieved so far.  


I know that in this hectic world we all live in, alot of things are out of our control, but remember not all things.  We control what we can, personal things that shouldn't be out of our control.  Having control of these things can make you mentally strong and in some cases also physically. 


Do you have control of yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment