Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Motivation + Kung Fu and Tai Chi

Recently I had been feeling a bit stuck, loosing then gained and so forth and really, just not in a good space.  

I started taking Qi Gong or Tai Chi where I train at Emerald Dragon, and it really put things back into perspective for me.  I started revisiting why I was loosing the weight and what I wanted to achieve out of the changes I was making and not just to lose weight, but to improve my mental state and calm and to also learn new skills.  






Martial Arts and especially Kung Fu is something I have been wanting to try for a long time but have always been too scared to, but now I have built the confidence to do and have even earnt a stripe on my first sash.  And tonight also was doing tumbleturns and flying kicks and things that I would never have been game enough to do previously, so I definately feel like I have come a long way since starting my training at Emerald Dragon

Basically my mind set is to know that I can achieve and do anything I put my mind to!

I realise this a quiet a short post, but will definately be posting some more things soon, but be sure to check out the videos!

2 comments:

  1. Doing something like Kung Fu is a massive challenge, [believe me starting overweight and at 37 i understand], but the group you train with will laugh with you occasionally at you [or is that just at me hehe] but will always be there to push you towards your goals. well done last nite mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! No I am definately loving every minute of it, 2 times a week just doesn't seem enough, hence all the other practise in between classes!

    But it's because there is always things to work on and improve to move you forward to the next stripe or next sash

    Really looking forward to Tuesday to get back into it again!

    ReplyDelete