Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Little About Me and Some Answers to Some FAQS!

How long have I been doing Weight Watchers
I have been doing Weight Watchers on and off for the last 5-6 years.  When the old Points Plan was around I initially lost 48kg, but gained it back when I had knee and ankle surgery.  

Why did you decide to join?
Well I felt like I was just watching my life pass me by.  I'm 26 years old and want to start living my life the way I should be at my age.  I want to reclaim my life back!


Age / Height  / Ethnicity
I'm currently 25, and turning 26 in September, 5"5 or 160cm, and I am originally from Israel, but have spent majority of my life in Australia

What is your goal weight?  And are you at your goal weight?
My goal weight is 65-70kg.  I am not currently at my goal weight as yet.  I am currently 120.4kg, but I am well on the way on getting there.  I started this journey at 127.1kg

What was your highest and lowest weight?
My heaviest weight I have ever been is 140kg, and the lowest I have ever been is 85kg.  

What keeps me motivated?
1.  Going to my meetings and having not only that great support system but also people who understand what I am going through
2.  Reading different blog posts and hearing about their success and them reaching their goals, drives me to want to achieve mine.
3.  Reminding myself that being 140kg, wasn't a very happy place to be, and I know within myself that I will not ever allow myself to go back that negative, miserable place.  


I remind myself that: This is it - I have one life and I have to make the most of it!
I remind myself that: I wasted the most of 2 decades being very overweight, insecure and unhappy. That was such a waste of time!
I remind myself that: My body is mine.  I have one body and I want to treat it right so it treats me right! I am in control of my actions and ultimately my success.
I remind myself that: Nothing is guaranteed in life. Every day is truly a gift - and any one of them could very well be my last. I want to feel good about myself for the brief time I am part of this world.


 
How often do you train and what kind of training do you?
On an average I train upto 6 days a week, I swim, I train on the rower - doing both interval sprints and endurance rows, weighs, Muay Thai / Kickboxing, and as much as I hate to admit I do try and run - although I don't do it very well at the moment! It's a work in progress.  I was also training in Crossfit, however due to injury, I am unable to do this at the moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment