Monday, May 30, 2011

Running + Kickboxing

Now as most of you know I am not the biggest fan of running, and I guess that its mainly due to the the fact that I am carrying around 120.4kg of weight, which obviously isn't helping- anyway as we know I am doing something about this by attending WW and already dropped almost 7kg.  

So I took myself to Jabout

nice and early at 5pm- the class I usually attend doesn't start til 7pm, but I was feeling extra motivated today.  I did 30 minutes on the bike and pumped out 10km, which I was really happy with.  Now to get down the stairs at Jabout, I have to walk right past the treadmill, and it seemed that I was in for a bit of a show down today with it- it was almost like I was in an old western movie and we were getting ready for a shoot out, but I jumped on, and did 20 minutes worth of 30 seconds of work at 10km and walk for 1 minute and continued doing that for 20 minutes.  I couldn't believe I actually got through it!  It seems to me like the treadmill and I are slowly starting to mend our fractured friendship. 

Then I decided to treat myself - now, now don't panic, it wasn't in the form of food.  I was due for a massage, so I jumped off the treadmill and went to visit Andrew- who is our resident masseuse.  My shoulders and calves were feeling a bit tight, so he dug into them.  Dug being the word, man it killed me calves, but upside, they are now feeling fantastic!!

Then it was time to tackle the 7pm class with Lappo

Lappo
Boxing Gloves!

 Now by this point I had been on the bike, the treadmill, the massage table and I was exhausted!  But I pushed through the class with Alex (new friend).  And finally I was ready to come home take a nice warm shower and relax.  

All though that class definately took its toll on me!

This is after 3 hours of training!
In tonight's session I had managed to burn over 1900 calories, which I reakon was pretty impressive.  See its here on my watch

Training watch- burnt 1909 calories!
I also took some photos of myself and have posted them below.  I mean I knew I was big, but I just kind of look like a bit of a square- almost fridge like- but atleast I am on the track to making positive changes for me for the future! :)

Me at 120.4kg

And from the side at 120.4kg
 I have my first proper PT session with my new PT tomorrow, so excited, nervous, but actually really ready to train hard give him 100%.  

Look out for tomorrows blog post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment