Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Celebration + City2Surf

Hi Guys

I thought I'd talk a little bit about staying on track at functions.  

Tonight I had a function at work, now I was panicking because I knew what kind of foods (well to be honest I wouldn't call them food), they served chicken sausages, Jatz, Chips- nibblies you know - party food.  But I took 2 mandarins, 30g of almonds and a WW frozen meal (which I waited til I got home and ate).  I was so proud of myself I stayed in control and never gave in once, not even a Jatz!  I did my celebration dance right there at work.  I was so stoked!!

Then I came home at around 7.30pm and ate my beautiful dinner feeling pretty happy with myself!

My Beautiful Dinner of Fettucine in Green Beans and a Tomato Based Sauce
 The I came home and I had been talking about doing City2Surf for the last 2 years and had talked myself out of.  I'm not sure why, maybe the 14km course just scared the living daylights out of me.  But today something clicked and I have just finished registering for it.  I can't believe I actually registered. I'm locked in now and I have paid my $55 and I am raising money for the Cancer Council.  They do a fantastic job and I need your help to raise money for them. 

I am doing the City2Surf this year and I'm raising money for the Cancer Council
 The link to my fundraising page is http://www.fundraise.city2surf.com.au/gillian_steele

I'd love for everyone to get involved in the fundraising effort.  Now its time to start doing more running in prep for the event.  But I can't wait to get in there and give it all I have and prove to myself that I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment