Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Self Discipline (or lack their of)

Okay guys, let me fill you in.  Here in Australia we have just had a 3 day long weekend, as yesterday was Monday and the Queens Birthday, so we had the day off work.  This is the worst thing that could possibly happen!

In addition all the Weight Watchers Meetings were closed so people who weigh in on Monday are going to have to wait another week to be weighed in.  If it was me and I knew I had trained hard, ate well- I would want to wait another week to be weighed in, but hey that's just me!

To be honest this holiday Monday didn't go so well, you see I have no trouble sticking to my Propoints during the week while I'm at work and even on the weekends.  But this holiday I struggled big time!  

I mean I went over by 6 Propoints.  Now most of my friends and family would say "You know Gill it's only 6 Propoints- you did a big run on Saturday (10km) and you would have burnt that off don't worry about it" Or "Its only 6 Propoints- you'll burn that off running on the treadmill during the week or in your kickboxing class" and last but not least "You have those extra 49 Propoints to use during the week- just take it out of them".  These are 3 very valid points and options that I have.  But what they don't understand is the fact that I felt like I needed to go over them and that I did!  I'm very disappointed in myself.  

Now I know that I can't change the past, and in my new philosophy is that "I can't undo the mistakes I made yesterday, but I can change the future by making positive choices".  This I think is the best way to be.  Remember the mistakes, but don't dwell on them, you will only obsess.  The best way to do this is to focus on making good, positive, healthy choices to impact your future.  This is exactly what I plan to do today.  I'm starting off the day with scrambled eggs on toast with grilled tomato.  

Promise to myself today- To make healthy choices and tackle today head on!

The food I over ate on yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment