Monday, June 20, 2011

Compliments

So after hitting my 10kg lost at weigh in on Saturday ( actually total loss now being 10.2kg).  I was feeling pretty happy with myself.  I wasn't feeling quite as round or unhappy things were looking up. 


I decided to reward myself- no not with food, but with a bit of a shopping spree.  I went to Colarado bought some awesome casual sneakers that were reduced from $75 to $25, gotta love liquidation sales!  Then went into target with mum and bought a gorgeous knit top and a dress (yes a dress- I was actually quite shocked myself!)  and both in a size 14! Going from a size 18 down to a 14! I was dancing away with excitment in the change room!

This is me with the dress I bought with knee high boots on
So now that we have back story, back to topic at hand... Compliments.  When did you guys start getting compliments about your weight loss?

For me, it was when I had hit around 8kg-10kg lost, and people were noticing mainly at first my change in fashion, I was starting to wear more cloths that showed my curves and body shape, and then dresses, which for me was very unusual to wear.  The compliments I was getting were of a very different range of what you would call the normal.  At first from people at work they were like:
- Wow, Gill you look great
- Have you lost weight?
- Your looking much healthier, well done!

The strangest one I've had so far would have to be from my kickboxing coach at tonight's session, which was:
- "Your not looking as round!"


I literally cracked up laughing at this when I heard this, I was like ok thanks!


Compliments are such great things to get.  For me, I then start to feel empowered to keep going and achieve more.  I have to admit though, I was never one for taking compliments well, if people would say, "You've lost weight, keep up the great work".  I would always kind of question and be like "really, I don't think so, but thank you".  But now I have learnt to accept them and just simply smile and say thank you. This is a big step for me, but I'm learning and conquering these and more things every day.


What is the strangest compliment you've had, and also when did people start commenting on your weight loss?

No comments:

Post a Comment