Thursday, January 20, 2011

Letting Go

So 2011.  This is going to my year, BUT (and yes there's a but, don't worry it's a good but!) Some significant changes will need to take place. 

In order for things to be achieved I need to "let go" and this is going to be theme for this year, is to just "let go", and when I thought about it, I have alot to let go of.

My whole life I tended to hold onto things for far too long. Things people said to me, things people did to me, things I did to me, things I felt.. I just held onto them, not talking about them, not letting go, by holding them I have given them power of me, to continue to hurt me, not only mentally, but also physically.  This in turn caused me to do some pretty awful things to myself and at one point I even thought about just ending it all.

Earlier this month I had a though: "What I'm holding onto, is holding me back"

The more I thought about this, the more I realised it was true. 

*My Ex - The relationship was toxic, he was never physically abusive, but mentally, I copped it every day, saying I was never good enough, that I would never achieve the goals I set for myself, I would never loose the weight -  I might as well give up now.  I was holding onto this for a long time, and it's time to just let it go.  It's holding me back from having a healthy relationship with anyone. 

*My anger - at people, myself, situations - things that cannot be changed or undone- I am still holding onto things that have happened in the past, things that I can't change.  This is one of the hardest things I have trouble with trying to let go.  But I believe with positive self talk, empowerment and support that I will overcome that and let it all go.

*My fear - Of the unknown.  Fear holds me back.  I think that in some part of all of us, it holds us all back.  But to grow as a person I need to overcome this.

*Negative thoughts - Sometimes I have negative thought about myself, like I'm not good enough, pretty enough, I'll never be loved enough, no- one understands me.  In the last 2 years I have made a lot of progress with stamping these out.  One day I hope to be able to let these thoughts go completely, but at the moment they are a work in progress.

As I mentioned above I am letting go of all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment