Thursday, January 20, 2011

Re- Affirmation

So the last 2 weeks, I've been off the rails a little, most days I'm fine with the way I have been eating, but then it's like I get possessed and just binge! Like today, I was getting all settled in and went down to the galley to grab something to eat, something healthy like an apple or a banana, what did I go for -  the muffins!! The muffins that our "chefo" had just cooked straight out of the oven, nice and warm and delicious.  What made matters worse was that I had 2 not just 1!  Then there were some peanuts out- so I had a handful of those.  I just need to remain disciplined. 

The funny thing is I got through the first 5 weeks, completely focused, didn't dip into the extra 49 bonus points, and tracked everything, trained hard, and lost good weight.  But these last 2 weeks, things have just unravelled!

I think what might help me, is to re-affirm why I am doing this and what I want to achieve at the end of it, and how I am going to reward myself for achieving it.  So here goes

The reasons I am doing this are:
1.  To get my life back - My weight has severely impacted my life.  To the point where I feel a little depressed at times, social isolated, not happy with myself and the inability to try new things and do things, where my weight stops from doing them

2.  To be a happier person - At the moment, I feel pretty much neutral, I don't feel happy, I just feel neutral and I want to be happy and included and not ashamed of myself

3.  To stay in the Navy - I need and want to get the weight down to stay in the Navy

How am I going to achieve this?
1.  By staying active in both my WW meetings and the message "support" boards and if I am having a hard day or week, just remember that I have people who support and believe in me on this journey. 

2.  By keeping track of everything I eat and make good food choices

3.  By training hard - Since I  left to deploy I have struggled to keep the intensity I was training at at Crossfit.  I get bored by sitting and peddling on an exercise bike for 30 minutes or running on a treadmill.  But I am going to have to suck this up and stick with it, stay motivated to achieve my goals.  REMEMBER TO STAY FOCUSED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment