Thursday, December 30, 2010

Eating Patterns Changing While on Holidays

Throwing the question out there, I have been on holidays since 23/12, and it's just funny that ever since I have been holiday my eating habits seem to change!  Does this happen to anyone else? 
Me at my current weight taken 29/12/10

I'll explain more, I am an officer in the Royal Australian Navy and when I'm at work I eat good food, I keep busy and have some sort of structure and obviously discipline.  However having said that, when I get shore leave or holidays my good eating and discipline goes right out the window - its like its sailed off to Hawaii!  This one of the reasons I hate taking holidays or spending time at home where I have no structure, things get boring and stressed out (believe it or not - being at home is more stressful than being at work!) and I turn to food.  Now it's not bad food, I just tend to eat too much of the good food!

Alot of people say to me, "oh it doesn't matter - good food is good food, can't have too much of it", and I sit here thinking of course you can, if you eat to much of anything - even the "good food" you can put on weight. 

Just curious whether anyone else has the same problem and how are you overcoming it these holidays?

**NB- The photo attached is me at my current weight**

No comments:

Post a Comment