Saturday, November 6, 2010

Decisions



 Hi Everyone

As some of you know I train at Crossfit Norwest in Castle Hill.  Normally the prescribed diet here is something called Paleo .  Which is basically a caveman style diet, from the get go I found this way of eating; extremely nutritious, but for me and the way I had eaten before it was very restrictive to what I was used to.

Before I started training in Crossfit I was following Weight Watchers and this worked extremely well for me, before having my knee surgery last year I lost 40.5kg, and was only 20kg from my goal weight.  




When I came from Crossfit Penrith I was still following Weight Watchers- not 100% of the time, but still majority of the time.  Then I came to Norwest to improve my training and skills and fitness levels.  I had seen Rob compete at Games Days and saw how well both himself and his athletes performed and I thought to myself, this is what I want to become. 

Then I met Dan, and we discussed changing my diet from what I was doing to Paleo, and this worked for a little bit, I had some people saying I looked like I had trimmed down, I had lots of positive feedback from people at the box, and other people (mainly my parents - who have never really supported me in anything) saying I looked like I was bulking up  -  looking like a sumo wrestler was my mother's words.  This really started to mess with my headspace.

But in the end I have decided it is my body and I appreciate all the effort that Dan and Rob had put in, but it is my body and paleo just isn't working for me.  I am going back to Weight Watchers because I know I can stick to this and it does work for, the proof is there from before, and if it wasn't for my knee surgery I would be at goal by now.

I've put my spreadsheet of weight loss on my blog for people to follow as well.

2 comments:

  1. I've often wondered how many people try and don't have success. It seems in the paleo community we only hear of the positive stories and none of the negatives.

    When you went and saw Amanda at Harrisons did she talk to you about the what they use with their weight loss clients? Its also going to be restrictive and I think you would probably have to kill some of the intensity of your workouts - but hey, if WW has worked for you (and I've seen my family have massive results on it too) then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean I had some success at recent games days and people at the box had said that I looked like I had trimmed down and people had commented to Rob as well, and I mean I look like I had trimmed down judging by the photo's. But the scales just will not move, and I still have a lot of weight to lose.

    When I went to Harrisons I didn't see Amanda I saw someone else I can't think of who it was about the test. She did give me something to have a look at but at that time I was still following WW.

    Before I had my knee surgery I was sitting at 86kg and life was great and since then everything has just been out of control, I just want to get some control back into my life and I know that WW will be able to give me that as I've done it before.

    Thanks for your support Adrian, everytime I mention WW, I get negative feedback from Dan, so for now I'm not telling anyone, just trying to focus on me now

    ReplyDelete