Sunday, November 28, 2010

Revised Goals



Back in September I had posted about some goals that I had wanted to achieve preferably before the years end.

1.  Get my 5km run time under 40 minutes - At the moment I am running our 2.4km course (3x800m) and my time is 18:26, I mean if I put those together that would add up to being under 40 minutes, but I'm going to do 6x800m +200m to get the 5km mark, and see what my time is and I'm going to push hard to make sure I get this under 40 minutes!!

2.  Being able to do 15 push ups on my toes- at the moment I am upto 10, unfortunately my shoulder is acting up quite badly at the moment, and is limiting my push ups, but I'm just going to keep pushing hard and I will achieve this goal by the end of the year.  This is better than what I came from as when I started I couldn't even do 2!

3.  Double Unders - At the moment I can do 1 double under then single skip then 1 double under then 1 single skip for around 5, before I lose momentum before I couldn't even do this, so I definately improved!  Now I just have to keep working at stringing them together

New Goals
Strength

1.  Deadlift - Goal to get to 150, then 155kg, then 160kg.  My 1RM max deadlift currently sits at 145kg, I am quite strong, but I would love to be able to crack a 150kg deadlift - that would just be awesome!

2.  Power Clean - Currently sits at 62.5kg, I would love to be able to crack 70kg, need to start scaling up and lifting heavier in the WODS

3. Squat Clean - Currently sits at 65kg, Goal to hit 75kg

Cardiovascular

1.  Improve in both my short distance (ie sprints), and also longer distance.  When we do the running in the WODs I usually come back absolutely wiped.  I would love to come back not completely.  Basically I am aiming to improve my endurance and overall cardiovascular capability

2.  Rowing- Currently my 500m row time sits at 1:58 as per the leaderboard at Norwest, When I was about 40kg lighter my row time sat at 1: 40 this is where I want to get back to.  Just need to keep practising the rowing and concentrate my weight loss. 

Weight Loss

1.  Making good decisions when it comes to my nutrition - choosing foods like fruit, lean meats, and carbohydrates.  While taking on advice from my peers and coach, but still doing what is best for me. 

2.  Aim to lose between 500-1kg per week - this will possible with good nutrition and support

3.  Weight in weekly - This will be done Saturday morning before training.  Religiously even if I have had a bad week nutrition wise. 

Ultimate Goal

To be a healthy, happy, motivated, driven more well rounded athlete and compete and make regional games in 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment