Saturday, October 2, 2010

Achievments



Thought it was about time to post something about achievements.  


Achievements can not only be lifting a heavier weight or running further or even fitness related in Crossfit.  It can also be the mental barriers that we overcome each time we do a WOD.  

Some fitness based achievements I have achieved since started at Crossfit Norwest have been:
1.  Going from a 125kg 1RM deadlift to 140kg deadlift - Massive 15kg difference


2.  Completing double unders- granted its only one or two in a row, but before comg to Crossfit Norwest I wasn't able to do any!


3.  Completing a 5km Run - This was originally done within around 2-3 weeks of me coming to Crossfit Norwest- I didn't think I was going to make, I was hurting and in a lot of pain, but I did it


4.  Completing a 10km Run - When Rob said to me you WILL run 10km my jaw dropped.  But I was so happy and proud when I had finished this run!


5.  Hitting new PB's on all of my lifts - I love the feeling of getting stronger, fitter, faster and better everytime I attempt a WOD

Mental Achievements I have achieved since started at Crossfit Norwest would be:
1.  Believing in myself that I can complete a tough WOD like the 5km and 10km run.  I also have all the awesome guys and girls at Norwest to thank for all that.  Everyone there is always motivating everyone else and pushing everyone beyond the limits we think we set for ourselves and now I know that anything is possible and I can do everything that I put my mind too

2.  Pushing through the pain barrier- Before I started training at Norwest if something got to hard, I would stop for maybe 1-2 minutes, and talk myself out doing it because it hurt, now I think you think your hurting now, just wait til later, I'll tell you when your hurting this nothing.  I yell, scream and swear at myself just to push myself through that barrier and just tell myself to get it done.  


3.  The rewards I get when I'm done - I'm thinking alot more positively now because I think and focus on the rewards that I'm going achieve whether it be running 800m down and up a hill without stopping or getting a 140kg.  I focus on what I want to achieve during that session and I think about how awesome I'm going feel WHEN I complete - there's no if's or but's anymore.  IT'S I WILL ACHIEVE IT AND NOTHING WILL STOP ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment