Sunday, October 10, 2010

Inspiration



So I recieved a message from a friend that I went to high school with saying that inspired him to make a change for the better.  This got me thinking who is the person or persons that inspire you?

I have a few people who have inspired me on my journey.  These people are
1.  Rob Downton - who is my coach at Crossfit Norwest.   He's an amazing coach and also an amazing athlete.  He has been able to push me to new heights and the confidence that he has given me along the way, has given me the confidence to be able to do new things - such as running 5and 10km, to be able to do push ups on my toes, to be being able to believe in myself to be able to achieve new things and complete WODs that I would have normally quit, now the word quit is no longer in my vocabularly.  Rob has also changed my mindset in the way I look at things - I'm now a much more positive person, instead of thinking no I can't do this, I know think yes it's going to be tough but I'm stronger and fitter than before and I will get through this!

2.  Dan Tarasenko - who has been helping me out with my nutrition and also trains at Crossfit Ignite.  In the beginning it was a tough road, we seemed to be a logger heads quite a bit, due probably mainly alot on my part not wanting share everything about myself and holding somethings back, and bascially arguing with any advice that Dan had given me to follow, but slowly and surely my wall came down and I started be more open with both DAN and ROB about what I had been doing and eating, and some other things that would be affecting my eating.  Big credit and thank you to Dan who didn't give up on me (even though I was a tough nut to crack - his words lol) and in the end I think we worked with each other, and I now take on board his advice without questioning it (well most of the time!)

3.  All the awesome people at Crossfit Norwest - Everytime I come into the box, and see what you guys are achieving it powers and spurs me on to achieve more.  I think to myself if these guys can I do it then I want to be able to be just as good.  Everyone inspires to push harder through the WODs, everyone who runs with me before the sessions - Corrine, Pauline and even Mike WS (who always finishes the WOD before me, runs with me on the last run!. So everyone at Norwest thank you for inspiring me, everytime I come to train and push me to wanting to achieve more and become fitter stronger like yourselves!

4.  Shane Richards - When I first started the journey of losing my weight, Shane was there pushing me through my workouts, but not only my workouts, he also took interest my headspace, which really helped me alot in terms of my motivation to push through and want to drive and achieve more, and not letting me give in when things I got tough - lets just say when things got tough Gill got tougher! Even though I don't train with Shane anymore, I want to thank him for all the knowledge and support that he has given more and on some counts still does give me. 

5.  Everyone in the Crossfit Community - You guys are awesome people and amazing athletes, and everytime we all get to together for Games Days, its like we have never been apart, I remember the recent Games Day at Crossfit Wollongong - I remember doing Burpees and as everyone knows I absolutely love burpees!! This was tough I was really starting to feel gassed by now, but everyone in the box was screaming at me to finish, I remember hearing Bass's, Kurts, Gemma's a mixture of voices from Norwest, Lela, everyone was screaming at me to finish, and at that point I just dove in and finish off as strong as I could!

Last night I had a post from Deanne @ Crossfit Wollongong- saying that I had inspired so many people in the Gong at the recent open day.  Everytime I hear something like that it puts such a massive smile on my face, and makes me think that yes I can do this and yes I can push to new heights, I feel very privilidged for someone to say that I have inspired them :)
So thank you to everyone who inspires me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gill! That means a lot to me.

    That's kinda why I got into the PT game!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very welcome Shane, your a very inspirational and motivational person, and I would be the person that I am without your help!

    ReplyDelete