Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weight Loss

Hi Everyone


This a bit of a vent post, but also an educational post.  

As most of you know I have lost 45kg previously on Weight Watchers- after I had my knee surgery I put most of this weight back on, due to not adjusting my eating to accomodate the fact that I wasn't able to do anything for 8 weeks!


At the moment I have lost around 11kg - but have increased my cardiovascular capacity and also my muscle mass


When I first started training out at Norwest I still was following Weight Watchers, then I ended up trying cutting out carbs; Now I thought to me carbs were just rice, bread, potato - all the common things we know as carbs, I was completely shocked when Dan and Rob said to me that carbs also include fruit and vegetable, I was under the impression that fruit and veg, you could eat you know 5 or 6 pieces of fruit per day, and was completely shocked when I was told this was totally wrong and one the reasons I wasn't losing anything was because of my very high carb intake.   


So from there some changes were made to my diet, we cut out most of the carbs, I was eating were berries- strawberries and blueberries, vegetables- mainly leafy green vege's, coconut- which I had never tried before! and also had to up my protein quite alot - to now eating upto 500g of protein per day, and also upping my fish content, and including high strength fish oil supplements in my diet.  Oh and eggs, how can we forget eggs, I  now eat around 5-6 eggs per day! 


I admit some days are definately harder than others, especially when I first changed over my diet, I was having alot of trouble sleeping only getting around 3 -4 hours per night.  Luckily for me now, my sleep has settled down and I'm back to getting around 6-7 hours sleep a night


Now that I have been eating paleo for a while now I definately feel better more alert and my performace I think has definately improved.  I'm now looking forward to more results soon


Next blog will be about the most effective way to measure weight loss

No comments:

Post a Comment